onemom13 I am not in the USA so can offer you no practical advice about our area. I want to suggest that you read Miraca Gross's book Exceptional Children. Not just her articles, but the whole book. I was aware of this book 8-10yrs ago and told myself that it didn't really apply to our family and that is not where I needed to put my efforts. I really regret that now. There is so much i have read, so much that has been valuable. I really, really wish that I had read this much sooner. The two page summary I have written from the book, and our resulting semi-action plan will not necessarily be what someone else might take from their own reading given we all have different circumstances. But there are some profoundly important insights in her writing that I think I would have had trouble taking as deeply into my thinking if it were "just an article on the internet". And the level of certainty it gave me that we must stick to our guns on what evidence supports and not be swayed unless someone is able to provide compelling counter evidence.