We have a recent WISC-V for our child, recent enough that it cannot be repeated at this time. The psychologist we used was excellent in many respects and had good rapport with our child; However, they also told us directly that they had never assessed anyone else close to that verbal ability and did not expect to again, or if they did not for another decade. Extended norms have been later applied (they were released after the first report was completed), further illuminating the situation, and further increasing the unevenness of the test profile.

At this point we do not feel that we are able to access local advice with genuine and deep experience regarding our child's profile and how to support them. I think we need to have a phone/skype consult with someone well versed in EG/PG kids and also 2E.

Arguably there are no learning disabilities, certainly that is what the current report states. I am quite comfortable that there is no ASD, ADHD or dyslexia. There are no WIAT areas under the 94th percentile, but there is very significant spread in both the WISC and WIAT, and there are health and mental health issue at play.

There is dysgraphia of a purely mechanical/physiological nature, which is not detectable by WISC/WIAT (hand written verbal based portions of the WIAT were the areas of greatest academic strength, and were DYS qualifying, despite being well below what we see with typing). The Dysgraphia is however clearly evidenced in OT assessment and has contributed to school issues and will require full time typing for all text heavy work. And might impact future achievement testing where higher volume and speed are required for similar outcomes.

We are looking for support in understanding and planning for our child (possibly including whether we need to be planning overseas travel for future testing, but not including a new full assessment right now).

For clarity, we do not live in the USA and are not aware of anyone in our country more suitable to our particular situation than the psychologist we most recently used. Thus the comment about possibly needing to travel overseas for a future assessment.

I am looking for people who have experience in similar situations, who did you "see"? Was it useful? Or, who you thought about and didn't use and any reflections on that.

Last edited by MumOfThree; 02/26/20 06:46 PM.