Thanks to both of you Indigo and Aeh for the kind replies- as well as the advice given. Your apologies which mean A LOT to me being honest. With that said don't be sorry- if you were in charge of education the outcome would have been a good one for all parties involved.

Aeh, Indeed. It is best to disengage. I mean I can't change their views and any attempt to do so leaves me more drained than fulfilled. Only thing keeping me going is the idea that a passerby might see my rebuttals- or that I'm on the right side of history in the internet of archives (I stood up for what was right)- but in the end my mental well being takes precedence. Thank you for the list btw.

Indigo I do agree- I think it is indeed a defense mechanism. I'd venture to say deep down they see it, but will invest significant energy into putting up blinders or convincing themselves otherwise. Fortunately IMHO I'd label it as simple repression rather than dissociation. The latter would indicate an even greater magnitude of societal failures.

Normally I do not advocate for like buttons on forums however if one was to be present I'd give both of you a thumbs up. smile

Last edited by Edward; 01/19/20 10:13 PM.