Hello!
It's been years since I have participated in these forums. To be honest, it used to send me into a spiral of anxiety. Life is so much easier now. Our DS is almost 9 now and everything is easier. He is kind and thoughtful, aware of his giftedness and in a GATE program and I could go on and on, but you get the point.

We have the opportunity to move to the Reno area for family and a job and I thought why not have him tested again since we may live in the area. I really don't want to know his I.Q. Last time I received the results when he was 3, I literally had a panic attack. I couldn't imagine what kind of normal life I could provide for him and our family. Well, it hasn't been normal, but we have grown and adjusted and life is good.

Does anyone else feel this way about seeing the results? I have even thought of getting the results, handing them to my husband and just saying, if it's DYS or Davidson scores, let me know, otherwise, shred the paper. I don't need the scores for anything other than deciding whether or not to do a tour at Davidson and possibly apply.
Any advice on how to emotionally process the results for your own sanity?
Any experience deciding to or not apply for the in-person Davidson Academy?

Thank you to all of you who had helped me in the early years.