My eldest just let me know he's entering an MBA program after the first of the year. In and of itself, that's not a huge thing among this group, however, he already has completed an undergrand degree in both a BS in Electrical Engineering this last spring and a BS in Physics previously. He's already doing wonderfully in a very large engineering consulting company, with the addition of the MBA to his already strong knowledge base I see a very bright future. The company he works for will pay for the MBA so long as he stays at the company for at least 2 years after he attains it. As they have branches all over the country, that should be doable.

While all of that is wonderful, what I'm proud of isn't the knowledge he's gained but rather a few other achievements.

1. He's come to understand that sometimes, you just have to do whatever it takes to get the job done. If that means pulling an all nighter, so be it.
2. He no longer has any delusions of the world being fair and it bothers him little when it's not toward him, he still pushes for it for others. He understands that his success ultimately is dependent upon himself, not the world around him.
3. He's found an intellectual equal who is also an extremely hard worker, accomplished academically, athletically, and quickly becoming so professionally, in her mind failure is never an option Probably part of her upbringing in Russia....and he married her. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with an undergrad in Accountancy and earned her Masters in the same in one additional year.

These two are dangerous together....in a good way.