Originally Posted by aeh
The THWS-R really looks rather narrowly at handwriting of letters, words, and sentences. The PAL-II had a few more elements to it, especially with generation of written language, and fluency.

This is exactly what he can not do (i.e., actually write letters, words, and sentences by hand) So, if this is the case, it would probably be a decent measure to document his disability. Are any of the sub-tests timed? That would be great documentation as well. The test would be given without AT to document the disability. I would think it is reasonable (and advisable) to request specific testing that accurately identifies his present level of functioning in his areas of disability.

Originally Posted by aeh
It would appear that your school-based evaluator is setting up documentation to support both 1) and 2). Generally, that signals that she wants to continue to offer 3) as well. So, to begin with, I think the special ed teacher, at any rate, is in favor of continuing the IEP.

So, this was last year's special-ed teacher. And, yes, she was definitely on board with him maintaining his iep and she was great. This year's special ed teacher is either lazy, new and does not know what she is doing, an/or being encouraged to not have him on the iep. I do not trust her at all and we have a new Special Ed Asst Director and I don't trust her at all either (The last one was not great either but she had been with us since my son was in 2nd grade and was totally familiar with him and me and had not caused any problems since he was in in 2nd grade and I had to hire a lawyer and threaten due process). Even with his iep in place, this year's "team" started wanting to take away and/or gradually "lessen" my son's extended time accommodation, they wanted to punish him by dropping points if need to hand in an assignment late (which he also gets extended time for), and then they said "no" to proposed goals. He had no goals in his iep and I wanted a basic EF goal (he really needs help with EF) in his IEP and they originally simply said "no." Of course, I called another formal meeting and put a stop to all of this. Recorded the mtg, demanded a PWN for why they were denying goals and accommodations, etc. and that worked perfectly. But it really highlighted for me that we need to keep this IEP AND that the minute my guard is down they will start to weaken it and take it away. So, I want his disabilities documented as much as I can get.