aeh - thank you! We'll have to keep reminding ourselves that this is the priority.

So hard to reconcile that with helping/guiding him along the path to his future. This in literal terms is making sure he's on track with school.

The sleep battle carries on. He had shifted to a 4 to 6am sleep time with a 3 to 4pm wake time. That's insane.

Making someone wake up or go to sleep is like pushing string. We're now at a point where we've said wake at 10am and working by 11. Four hours of school work (which is proven to be all the focus anyone has to offer to their work) OR all devices removed for the rest of that day. Every day a new chance to get it right. We're on day 2. He did well yesterday but went to bed at 4am and is suffering and blaming me for how miserable he feels. Not rational. Give me strength.

If teens need 10 hours of sleep and need to do 4 hours of work that gives you 10 hours to eat and play. That's quite a lot of time. It's just that he really wants those 10 hours to include midnight to 3am.

Okay, I'll stop going on and on. Sigh. Hopefully if we can stick to this he'll have a much healthier sleep rhythm.