I disagree with the costly mistakes of experts on the crash of 2008. They knew. They knew the party was over and so they rushed to securitize any and all debt, no matter how bad. Just for the bonus. It wasn't a mistake, it was just greed. I talked to a lot of people about it. Many lost their jobs right after, since there was nothing left to securitize. Not because they did anything wrong. I can tell you about a similar issue in the 80s, where high risk tax shelters were repackaged as high yield income products and sold to anyone. Cost Prudentail hundreds in millions in fines...but no one went to jail.
And not surprised about bad diagnosis causing deaths. There is a lot of ego in the physian class.Society has put doctors on a pedestal since they were what kept you alive in the face of death. Big egos, are not condusive to thoughtful work. And people who may be brilliant in career can be totally stupid in personal ways. I remember there was some dentist who found out her husband was cheating on her and she runs the mistress over in her mercedes. How long did it take her, sitting in prison, think that it was a really stupid decision?