If you are not restricted by the iPad-native apps that work best for her, you may also consider one of the many laptops with stylus-ready touch screens.

And on a little side note: one of our children is currently fascinated with NitroType (parallel site to typing.com), and after hearing me talk about the relationship between how one processes notes and typing, has taken to reporting the content of the typing activities to me a couple of times a day--I think, to prove that one -can- retain information from verbatim typed notes, if sufficiently motivated!

Oh, and this is a child with completely age-appropriate fine motor and handwriting skills, and reading/spelling skills apparently commensurate with cognition (so not dealing with any additional exceptionalities), whose writing is also far and away higher in quality and in quantity when typed than when handwritten. Insisting on handwriting doesn't only impede students with disabilities. Which is yet another example of why I feel there is no reason to mandate handwriting beyond a pared down list of essentials.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...