Yes. We didn’t look too hard at this, because DD has both strong SAT2 and AP score. But it varies a lot by school. For her choices, AP was the data point most used, but as I mentioned, there were also department-specific tests in places too, and often either/or seemed ok.

Where DD ended up, there was no credit given, though, just placing out of required classes (foreign language) or placing higher in a sequence or into honors (sciences) or compacted/accelerated classes (math). Though the more she talks with friends at different colleges, I suspect her college is particularly picky on this; as I mentioned, we know several kids who had similar hs coursework who matriculated as sophomore. The foreign language thing varies a lot, too- her college places a lot of emphasis on foreign language competency, so it’s not that common to completely place out, the bar is relatively high. And they don’t accept things like Latin, or computer science as a foreign language, as I have read some places do.