1of2Parents, there are gifted programs in every major city with private and public options. The spectrum of cities you listed are all over the cultural spectrum. You may be better off just deciding where you want to live and what suits your families other needs (eg. cost of living, work options, extracurricular interests, lifestyle, pace of living, etc. ) and then look within that specific city for schools. Based on the best school options you can then look at housing in those areas. As an example I am in Atlanta. There are probably 20 really good private schools here that cater to every personality/background/academic interest. There are even gifted only schools, which I have utilized for my 4 kids. I have also used a gifted only public magnet school for one of them that was free. I just think going about it from your families needs and then the school situation will fall in place. I am from Massachusetts and there were plenty of choices there too. Living in NY can't be more polar opposite of living in Denver. Just saying. Maybe something to consider.