My second son, (currently age 9.5yrs) has always been a bit �sensitive� and anxious. In Kindergarten, halfway through the year, he refused to continue going to school.

He was doing great academically, easily learned to read at age 6, and was beyond his classmates in many of the academics. Yet, his teacher seemed to be tough on him in particular, (raising her voice with him, etc to �toughen him up�), noting he was too sensitive. She refused to send him to other classes (1st grade) for reading (at the suggestion of the counselor and VP, to avoid being bored), stating she felt he was too immature.

He was getting sick at school (threw up quite a few times) and was terrified of his teacher.

I worked with the VP and counselors, they offered to switch his teacher, but the damage was done, and he begged and pleaded not to go back to school, and I just couldn�t make him.

Luckily I was in a place where we were able to start homeschooling.

Around age 8, he was having some panic attacks and anxiety so we started going to counseling to help him deal with it. (Not a big problem but I wanted to stop it from becoming a big problem, as I have dealt with a panic disorder since I was 19).
His panic attacks, they determined, involved his anxiety around 3 things. "Space, time and death".

His counselor suggested we have him evaluated to rule out any " issues" disabilities or whatnot.

So (About a year ago now), we took him in for an evaluation. To my surprise, they had given him the WISC-V, which i now understand is an IQ test.

We were called in to discuss the results.
She said he has "extremely high cognitive abilities".
The assessment said we should "reevaluate his school arrangement," and be sure if we put him into school, that he is in a school with a gifted program track.

Considering we are still homeschooling, and very relaxed, (Self-Directed, unschooling pretty much) part of me is worried now we aren't "doing enough" for him.

Especially since seeing the discrepancy in some of his scores. Should I have more testing done? Are there issues I need to be helping him with asap? Here are his numbers. Does this mean anything to you?

(FYI, he is happy and thriving. Acts like a "normal" kid, loves to read ALL THE TIME, watch his videos, play with legos, draw, play with friends. )

Oh, and should I try for the Davidson Institute? I'm not sure it would be a good fit for us considering we are so very self-directed with our homeschooling. (not following a curriculum)

VCI: 142, 99.7%
Similarities: 19, 99.9
Vocabulary: 16, 98
Visual Spatial: 135, 99%,
Block Design: 16, 98
Visual Puzzles; 16, 98
FRI: 144; 99.8%
Matrix Reasoning:19, 99.9
Figure Weights: 16, 98
WMI: 107; 68%
Digit Span: 9, 37
Picture Scan: 13, 84
PSI: 98, 45%
Coding: 9, 37
Symbol Search; 10, 50
GAI: 147, 99.9%
Ancillary Scales:
CPI: 102, 55

I appreciate any and all advice. Thank you for your time.