Originally Posted by ellemenope
The fastest possible track at her school is Algebra I in 7th. While I have no desire to push her too hard in math with her disability, I’m also thinking she will be more than ready as it is over 2 years away. But I am a little concerned.
Quoting myself to update. This is still true, but we may have a strong case for algebra I in 6th grade.

A barrier to this is a scheduling conflict.

DD(10) is currently finishing AOPS Algebra online and getting loads of problem solving enrichment at school that is at about the 7-8th grade level.

She prefers some kind of challenging math in her life because it makes her happy.

Also, she is a highly gifted reader and reasoner. We really need proper above level testing for this which means ACT or SAT soon. I don’t want to hurt her chances on the math portion.There is a chance she would qualify for DYS.

From what I’ve read AOPS is most recommended for challenge and depth. It’s working fine. I think studying ahead 1/2 years is ideal for her because of her dysgraphia. But I could be wrong. I’m interested in stories of working ahead without acceleration.