Our school now provides IBM's education laptops (relative low powered, but functional) to every grade. They started 3 years ago with K-6 and expanded it gradually to full participation this year.

Classes are integrating it into their curriculum - DD14 was busy coding at code.org for AP CSP last night, and asked for my help using Photoshop CC to clean up some graphics to insert into the app she was building. Using this during class, using on-line citation generation tools for English, etc., plus on-line textbooks, homework driven by on-line research, etc. - they are leveraging the capability. In the past, they always had to assume that some students didn't have access, limiting what could be done. Now, they assume every student has access, so teaching can be built around it. (I think there are accommodations for students without internet access at home, but when they surveyed for this in the roll-out, it was already 90%, and that was 2-3 years ago).

For GT specifically, she used to have to go the the "computer room" to do advanced Math courses in 6th grade - easier access may now free the school up to offer more self-paced options (AoPS, CTY, etc.) for acceleration/enrichment.

We have a gifted annual planning meeting in a few weeks - I want to look into how additional challenges can be offered. DD is in the advanced classes, 2 years ahead in math, but she's still at 99-100 in every class, plus AoPS Intermediate classes, etc. They were open to skipping Honors Physics and going right to AP through the Fast Paced Physics 3-week summer course at CTY, so they've shown flexibility. I need to research/dig up on-line options - CTY, AoPS, EPGY, Davidson, etc.