Thank you both, polarbear and aeh.

The input on the severe articulation disorders is interesting. I've often wondered if he doesn't even hear the sounds in words like we do, thought his hearing is impeccable and he skims above the line for Auditory Processing Disorder. When discussing grammar, his entire IEP team felt like he needs to translate his thoughts into English before he can write them.

DS's initial SLP dx when he was 3 (before they even dx'd him with the apraxia) said that he had a 25% chance of reading on grade level by 12th grade with appropriate therapy. It had struck me as odd and targeted at guilting parents into following through with therapy, particularly since he was nearly reading already at that point and he made lightening fast gains on the artic goals he had at that point (apraxia dx didn't come until age 7). ...He hit a PHS level for comprehension in 4th grade. Spelling, however, seems like it might wallow in the mid-elementary levels. Alas 2e.

Thank you so much for the input on accommodations. We have a meeting in January set up with the director of student services and the high school vice principal to discuss his HS pathway, since he'll go there for math starting next year. I will add the accommodations to the discussion in that meeting with an eye toward college board accommodations. He's on track for at least 2 AP classes before the end of this next IEP.

Last edited by geofizz; 11/18/17 07:28 AM.