Thanks aeh.

Thanks for the info on the AP accommodations. I wasn't aware of the scribe accommodation. Any idea of what it takes to qualify for that beyond typing responses?

DS already uses a thesaurus to find the word he wants when he's way off: so he figured that one out already.

Speech to text so far has been a failure. He has oral motor apraxia which means that the clarity of his speech is too low for the computer to pick up, particularly when he has a cognitive load from composition at the same time. He was left so frustrated last time he tried it that he won't try again. District-provided tools did work for his sister when she broke her arm, though.

So how do you determine "truly intractable dyslexics"? If you've seen just a handful in your years of practice, it leaves me wondering what fraction of the dyslexic population this applies to, and what secondary factors might be present. While my statements above as to his OG services are accurate, I've had persistent concerns about some of the details of how the services were provided.