That's a challenge. I have met a handful of students over the past couple of decades who were truly intractable dyslexics, even with high-quality OG. AP exams can be tricky, as the College Board basically gets to make their own rules, however, especially with his documented handwriting issues, he should be able to get some useful ones:

"If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for accommodations on the AP Exams such as:
Extended time
Large-type exams
Large-block answer sheets
Permission to use a braille device, computer, or magnifying device
A reader to dictate questions
A writer to record responses
A written copy of oral instructions; as well as other accommodations"

I would suggest that the most applicable is the second-to-last accommodation, which currently is listed as scribe, but in functional adult life, should target speech-to-text assistive technology. Perhaps also computer, which may or may not include access to spellcheck.

A few thoughts on AT: spell check actually works quite well for severely-impaired spellers if used in combination with thesaurus. I routinely recommend that students with his profile (very high oral vocabulary/very low spelling vocabulary) use them this way:

1. type/dictate an easy-to-spell synonym of the word you have in mind to your device.
2. use spellcheck to make any necessary corrections.
3. highlight the word and open the thesaurus function, selecting the best word (often one you had in mind already) from the list offered.

Yes, it's a bit more work, but it allows students to employ their spoken vocabulary in their written products.

For classroom work and adult life, I would suggest that the number one accommodation will be, as I mentioned earlier, speech-to-text.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...