Originally Posted by MamaRachel
Originally Posted by longcut
There may be a minimum number of academic hours that must be done outside the school to count as part-time, and those hours, here, at least, could not be done at the school (they would not be responsible for the child on their grounds when not considered a full-time student).

This would be a hard-stop for us, as we both work full-time. That's exactly what I'm afraid of with this path.

Partial homeschooling doesn't mean the school will administer work for you. What's happened up here in Seattle at the elementary level that I'm aware of, is that the parent came in during math and worked with their child in the library. I'm not even sure if the school is obligated to let you use their facilities and they may require pickup and drop off as well during that time. If the class has variable math periods you have to adjust. As I said its kind of a pain in the neck and only really doable if you're home during the day.

It's all somewhat better in M.S. where there's a fixed period schedule but still somewhat logistically challenging.