As someone who has done part-time dual enrollment homeschool, it is very specific to your state law as to what you can do. There may be a minimum number of academic hours that must be done outside the school to count as part-time, and those hours, here, at least, could not be done at the school (they would not be responsible for the child on their grounds when not considered a full-time student). Meaning, we could not do a class at home in the evening, and send work to do in the classroom; the child had to leave the school for the minimum hours per day. Our school was also not flexible regarding alternate curriculum and would not allow substitution; very by the book on district policy. So, it depends really on your school administrator, laws, and district policies. But it's a great solution if you can swing it. It was a stop-gap for us until GT services kicked in.

Also, meeting with school people was intimidating to me the first couple times. It took me a while to convince myself that we were a team, and they are just people (doing their jobs, and caring about kids) not my own personal authority figures. ;-) It takes practice and a sort of mental plan of how to accomplish shared goals -- a happy, growing kid -- with input from all sides. And knowing you won't win all the battles -- the teacher has multiple kids, so you have to figure out what is reasonably done, and what rights you have that fall under the district goals (like, if measurable growth is part of a mission statement, then you ask how we can ensure measurable growth, and challenge in the zone of proximal development; I love that one, I think aeh first tuned me into ZPD).