Originally Posted by Bostonian
My eldest child will likely apply to some of the very selective universities that require SAT Subject tests. He is in 9th grade. I plan to have him take subject tests each year in June for classes he will not have again until 12th grade (or ever). His school follows the typical biology/chemistry/physics sequence for grades 9-11. In 11th grade he can take AP Biology or AP Chemistry in addition to physics. In math his sequence is geometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for grades 9-11. He is taking French each year. For social studies the sequence is World History I and II in grades 9 and 10 and U.S. History in grade 11. So an SAT subject schedule could be as follows:

grade 09: Biology Molecular and Mathematics Level 2 (he is advanced in math and is taking pre-calculus outside school)

grade 10: Chemistry and World History, maybe French or SAT Math Level 2 again
In June of this year he took the Math Level 2 exam and earned an 800 (hooray!). I think we'll have him take Chemistry and World History next June, at the end of 10th grade. If he does well on those he may be done with subject tests for admissions purposes.