Originally Posted by Val
Personally, I think it's not a good idea to judge something so harshly based on a one-paragraph description.
My post began with "A few thoughts..." and ended with "Just my 2 cents."

Originally Posted by Val
Walden's website says that their IRB complies with 45 CFR 46 (look it up).
I also noticed that Walden University is unranked, and the OP did not inspire my confidence. Mentioning my concerns allows the OP to incorporate and/or ignore portions of my input. If other posters, such as yourself, would like to endorse the approach in the OP, it seems that may be done without taking exception to my post?

Originally Posted by Val
Suggest you do a bit of serious reading on survey studies.
Thank you for the links. However the OP did not present a survey.

Originally Posted by Val
Not to mention that, knowing very little about Brad's methods, you're not in a position to call his work biased
Any person reading what is posted on a public forum is entitled to form and express an opinion. Doing so does usurp "that job" from "his supervisor, his thesis committee, and peer reviewers."

Originally Posted by Val
I suspect that you're not a scientist or a professional with experience in this area, meaning that you probably don't have the experience to judge his methods. Sometimes, when we lack knowledge about an area, it's easy to think that something is one way, when in fact, it isn't --- but you need experience in the field to understand it.
As an example, when one poster assumes the background of another poster...?!

Originally Posted by Val
I don't know much about Brad's research, and therefore I can't judge it. Again, that's his supervisor, et al.'s job.
The supervisor (and other information commonly shared when recruiting subjects for a research project) was not shared in the OP.

Originally Posted by Val
A literature review is simply one part of what's required to get the degree. It's usually the opening chapter in a thesis (depends on the style of the thesis).
Yes, some may wonder whether the sparse info shared in the OP may indicate that some preliminary research may be needed.

Originally Posted by Val
Brad, have you tried contacting Mensa (local or national groups)? They might be willing to forward your message to their members.
Hopefully more information would be included in such a message... possibly combining pertinent information from the OP and the subsequent post.