We have a meeting scheduled tomorrow to discuss the results of testing and possibilities for my DS4. We are meeting with the Lead Psychologist for a fairly large district, school psychologist, and I am guessing school admin.

He has had an IQ test, don't know the results, just know it was enough (+1 standard deviation) to move to step 2.

Step 2 was reading writing and math testing, unknown results.

DS4 just finished his year in a public school 3-6 Montessori class as a Pre-K student. As a Pre-K student he is with 3-6 year students for AM sessions and only Pre-K students for PM sessions.

This past year, all cognitive work was at a K level or higher.

If he remains as Pre-K we will also have to pay tuition.

In K he will have his current teacher for the full day. She has offered to have him in her class unofficially for the full day if this testing process didn't work out, he just would not be participating in K specific activities like gym, music, K only field trips. We would end up doing this scenario if we get push back on early K, but I don't know why that would be preferrable, rather than just push for K officially.

My goal is to get him into K for the school year next year. I am fine with PK, K, K if he isn't ready for 1st grade. What I want to avoid is PK, PK, K which is the default for him right now.

I think admins are hesitant on whole grade skipping unless they are 100% sure. So what points would they make to keep him in his current situation. I just want to be prepared with information, so this goes as smoothly as possible.

Last edited by Johnny; 06/01/17 10:44 AM.