I don't know exactly what we'll be doing yet, but my math looks pretty much exactly like LMom's and we'll be doing the cybered science, too. And I-Science 4th grade, Singapore Math's discontinued science course. I have the books and equipment and DS thinks it's great fun. (But Lorel, his favorite thing is to make potions, too.)

For a foreign language, he wants to learn Turkish b/c he did the demo on Rosetta Stone and remembers everything from lesson 1. We tried Korean, but it's not the updated version and it was a lot harder for him. Still language shopping. I'm not sure Turkish is the best choice, although it's possible he could have a Turkish cousin in the not too distant future. That would impress his cousin's future in-laws, no doubt. Everyone around here talks about studying Mandarin Chinese. Spanish is more practical. What do you think? I suppose a year of Turkish couldn't hurt - although I wonder what they'd do with him if he went back to school.

For our curriculum, we'll make sure to cover all the subjects covered by the local private and public schools so that if DS returns to school in the next year or two there won't be gaps. We aren't bound to use what they use, but we plan to cover the topics, and go from there.

The big emphasis this year will be on writing (including cursive, dictation using dragon naturally speaking and typing), reading and study skills. We are using a teacher for most of it, as I'm working.

We have all sorts of great activities planned from drum lessons to a course at the nature center, as well as the things he was doing last year - NXT robotics, drama, taekwondo and swimming. I'm still not sure how I do this and work, but we'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful we can find a great babysitter as well.