Yes, I am one of the people thinking about teaching cursive, and I think LMom also talked about it, right? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I thought there was one other person besides M&M and me...

My DS7 has also been talking about wanting to learn to write (vs. print), or I probably wouldn't go there yet. However, as our school system teaches kids the D'Nealian style of letters (which is sort of midway between printing and writing), I don't think it's going to be that big an issue for him. Plus, DS7 has actually been writing his own version of "cursive"--basically printing with the letters hooked together after the fact--for a couple of years now.

Even so, I've been dragging my feet on teaching him the real thing.

I don't think I'll start the year with cursive, but I think it might be a nice change of pace in Nov./Dec., when DS7 tends to be tired of the same-old and wanting a new challenge, but I tend to be too overwhelmed by all the holiday stuff to research much that's new.

I haven't done any research. I was just going to use the website that M&M suggested, and if it didn't go well, I'd look into "Handwriting without Tears," which everyone who uses seems to love. I'm assuming they have a cursive version, though again, I don't know for sure. I'm flying by the seat of my pants on it right now!

Oh, here's a site where you can make D'Nealian practice pages. If your child hasn't been using this style of writing, it might be a good midpoint? Or not? I don't know if that would be more confusing or less...

http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/denelian-1/make-d.htm

Kriston