RRD - I did a wander through the Toronto school website, and I must admit my spidey senses also tingled. You are correct, though, that they explicitly do not recommend their program for ASD.

In addition to aeh's comments on the research, I was also disconcerted that they seem to have invented their own types/ descriptions of LD, presumably to match their own approaches to address them. There are no links to standard LD descriptions or resources. They offer assessment, but it's not done by or with a psych (despite charging the going rate for a full psycho-educational assessment).

It's true that the research on most LDs is limited, and frustrating in the lack of clarity on what you should actually DO about it. Dyslexia is the exception, however: it's pretty clearly defined, and has a gold-standard treatment - an Orton-Gillingham-based reading remediation program. There is no mention at Arrowsmith of using O-G based remediation for reading, or actually of using assistive technology for any LD. Perhaps the site simply doesn't include these kinds of details, but given the unusual definitions and approaches Arrowsmith lists, these kinds of omissions make me nervous.