Lorel-

I do like the "If You're Trying to Get Better Grades and Higher Test Scores You've Gotta Have This Book" books for science and math because I think they give good advice for preparing for tests including tips for getting motivated and setting goals, getting organized, and even mentions the importance of staying physically and mentally healthy.

I was looking for something like this because my son has no experience taking tests unless you count the WIAT that he took several years ago.

I liked the fact that the science book includes formulas, measurement tools, units of measurement and says if you're going to be successful with investigating science questions, you'll need to have these firmly planted in your mind. I think it is a good book for my science loving kid who is not as interested in math. It includes formulas for electrical energy, electrical current, mechanical advantage and others. I don't think my son likes it as much as the Ed Zaccaro book that we are reading, but I really like it and I am surprised that there are no reviews of the books on amazon.com. Oh, and I also like the cartoons and illustrations in the books.