We did the Edfinity competition earlier this year, and he liked it except for the time limit attached. It's a cool idea to just sort of offer him open-ended invitations to work on an interesting problem, like competition problems. I do something like that when we have time at home, I'll drop a new resource near him like the Borac competitive math practice, or I'll load up a section of Alcumus, saying, "Oh, just thought you'd like to see this, but if you're too busy..." and he'll sit down and crank through a bunch and come out blissful. laugh

I think my current game plan is to bring the teacher some examples of the work he's done and the work he enjoys, so we're all on the same page. I don't think he knows what I'm talking about in terms of true problem-solving math. And I don't think he gets that *I* know what I'm talking about, LOL. If we can just both see the problem, then hopefully we can work on a solution, whether that's giving DS more appropriate things to do in lieu of class work, or letting me come in and teach him, or I don't know what.