Originally Posted by Kriston
> DS7 wants to learn the state capitals and rivers of the world for geography this year. (He chose to memorize all 50 states by shape last year using state flash cards--VS, maybe? Whaddya think? LOL!)

Show DS7 http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Geography.htm

DS6 spent last summer playing it. He loved it beyond words, he spent countless hours there and he still does here and there.

Levels 8 and 9 should make your VS kid more than happy. Ok, I think I am VS but gee I couldn't play those. Completely out of my league. Last summer was the first time we had to face the fact that our then 4 year old son knew something much better than us. He could beat us at pretty much any level, any continent with the exception of those where we all got 100%.

I hope that we can add typing into hs, but that's my secret hope. He knows where to put his 10 fingers but he needs practice, practice and more practice.

I forgot our monthly ASL class. I also want to do Scratch, hopefully with other 2 HG+ kids.

Now how does that compare to a standard 1st grade curriculum? wink Sorry, couldn't refuse the comparison.

Lorel, when DS6 was two, he loved workbooks. He could spend an hour working on them. DS4 has his math workbook too, but it's up to him when he wants to do it and since you never know with this child of mine I have no idea how much he will use it. He asked for (and got) a geography workbook a few weeks ago.

LMom