Originally Posted by mamaandmore
I really only have 2 complaints about it-
1. It has a bit of a religious overtone to some of the chapters. That's easy enough to avoid though by just skipping those sections (I think 3 chapters in all).

2. Some of the history facts seem to be a bit shaky with little acknowledgment of the disagreement between experts.

Interesting! I was actually drawn to it because some of the reviews I saw said it wasn't religious enough! But that sounds fine - as long as it's something you can work around. I just thought it might be a good base to start, and we can get additional book and resources at the library. That point about references is a good one! And if my DD4 is interested in the stories and/or projects, all the better.

DS7 is also doing jr. lego league and may spend 1/2 to 1 day a week at a co-op for HG+ kids (if we can get in, crossing my fingers!)

And Lorel - I totally get your DD3. My daughter would scream for her homework at 2 when my son would bring work home from kindergarten! I can only imagine if you were schooling all day. I really do think I'm going to need plenty of stuff on hand for DD4!