My kids have been pushing the envelope in general with disrespectful behavior, but I just found out that last night my DS11 emailed DD9's 4th grade teacher to point out an incorrectly titled region on a map she was studying. He does not know this teacher at all.

Now, I don't think questioning the map is disrespectful or wrong, but it should have a) been DD to do so (with a polite question along the lines of 'my brother noticed my map last night, and said it was incorrect... I said this is what the teacher said, but then he looked it up online and couldn't find anything labeled the way my map is... can you explain?) and b) in person NOT via email from a 6th grader to a teacher he doesn't even know!

I do not want to lecture them forever, but I really think we need a discussion of respect. Anyone have thoughts on this? Clearly I point out how I think the situation could have been handled better, and how I feel about it (and how DD's teacher likely feels about it). Anyone have a resource online or good book that really hits this topic? Anyone else find their kids needed a refresher on respect vs. disrespect and have success getting the message through?

Thanks in advance!