Blackcat, I think you are right that school logistics are playing a large role in their thinking, because they don't have a lot of experience with this type of accommodation. Plus, I get the feel that they don't want to be "wrong," whereas we are more scientifically minded and open to experimentation to find what works best.

Sanne, thank you for that perspective. Wow, there's quite a difference in those scores. We do believe she has some degree of ADHD (or is it overexcitabilities?), but every professional we have consulted on the matter so far has just recommended "keep an eye on it," which means to us that it's not very severe so far. Ultimately, in our opinion, if it is not an impediment to her achievement or success, then we don't feel it's necessary to seek a diagnosis or medicate. Could she have picked up a few processing points on the WISC if medicated? Probably. Could she have aced this proficiency exam instead of just passing it? Maybe. But at this point she is still doing what she really needs to do when she needs to do it. She is pretty good at knowing how to pay attention just enough.

Besides, am I in denial on this? How many 6 year olds wouldn't get distracted during a 50 question multiple choice test of material they knew well? I think the distractibility issue in this case is more one of asynchrony in that she behaves like she is 6. She will need some scaffolding to be able to switch classrooms effectively on her own, at least in the beginning, because that's not typically a skill we ask of 6-year-olds. Does it seem like this is asking too much of a school?