I found this post very interesting as I'm interpreting associations between my son's situation!

My son was not a candidate for whole grade acceleration at the end of 1st grade in public elementary. I was looking for subject acceleration. He had "normal" and "typical" disruptive/distracted behaviors at school. The school was unwilling to meet his needs through subject acceleration. They were willing to have the gifted coordinator come into his classroom and teach him 1 grade advanced (in spite of him testing 3 grades ahead).

I pulled him out to a public virtual charter school, accelerated 3 grades straight away, and he finished his 2nd grade school year already 4 grades accelerated in all subjects.

This is with a 68th percentile FSIQ, if I remember correctly. Turned out his "normal" and "typical" behaviors in the classroom were ADHD. After treatment, his FSIQ was up to 132 and GAI up to 141. (woah!)

Organizational skills and executive functioning predict academic success. I understand the school's point of view. And I understand yours! If organizational skills and EF are going to be what holds he back, then she deserves to have thse evaluated. A school is unlikely to be accommodating to "my child is just so special, overlook his weaknesses". However, my experience is that "my child is highly capable, but struggles with ADHD" is much more manageable in a school situation.

For example, my son is now 9 and would be entering 4th grade by age. I presented his virtual school's director with his ADHD dx, private neuropsych, and standardized testing results, and asked "what do we do?!" She took it to the superintendent who approved up to 3-grade skip. She approved further subject acceleration also. She's addressing the ADHD by modifying his pace and homework. My son will have to demonstrate mastery, but homework is not required. He'll be able to record a video of oral answers, for example. He'll start the school year with 2 high school classes, but if the pace is too fast she will cut the classes back to half-pace so he would do one semester class over the whole school year.

I hope this illustrates the interaction between EF and intellectual ability in academic acceleration. If the school is noting lagging EF, that's something to attend to rather than try to circumvent. IMO