Re advocacy strategies... it sounds like, as you say, there's some reason the school doesn't want to do the SSA (could be logistics, could be teacher buy-in, could be not wanting to have other parents request the same, could be a whole bunch of different reasons). When advocating you're in a situation like this, I've found it can help to do three things:

1) keep the conversations very focused and direct - in this case, keep repeating - the original agreement was passing the test, and your dd's passed the test.

2) ask for "data" - when the school brings up distractibility during the test, ask what exactly happened, and ask if distractibility such as this has been an issue before in her regular classroom. If it hasn't, ask why it would be a concern going forward. If it *has*, point out that she's been successful in spite of it, so why is it a concern now.

3) put everything in writing. This doesn't have to be formal letters, just follow up every meeting and every conversation with a brief email in which you restate what you understand to have been discussed and decided, and then end with "if I've misunderstood anything, please let me know."

In this situation, I'd also ask a very specific question about the reason (in person, not in an email at this point) - something like "We had an agreement that dd would be SSA in math if she passed the math test. She passed the test and now the issue of distractibility is brought up. Is there anything else going on that is impacting this decision, such as planning logistics, teacher buy-in etc."

Best wishes,

polarbear