Funniest brag ever for our family: DS9 got his latest report card and this most unathletic child of them all got an A in PE! He told me that their current PE teacher places a lot of emphasis on playing by the rules, which is how he ended up with his first PE A ever, and kids like a friend of his, who actually is athletic, but messes around in class, ended up with a C. While I am philosophically completely opposed to this teachers attitude, it has given him a lot of confidence for the upcoming transition to middle school, so I won't complain. He wasn't especially proud of the glowing comments on his performance in maths and language arts, nor bothered by his Bs in the science/social hybrid or arts and crafts (they don't discuss high school physics or chemistry in class, or demand high school level technical drawings, and he keeps losing his worksheets, and has difficulties finishing his projects), he was just so pleased with his A in PE.
I, however, was very proud that the teacher wrote he is an asset to the class because he manages conflicts so well, and supplies enriching knowledge and vocabulary to the subjects covered (as opposed to, he never shuts up about what he's interested in). I am really all around pleased with his elementary school experience, his personal and social growth, he's always felt included, had friends, and and wasn't too badly stunted and frustrated in his academics. I don't think one can ask for more for an HG+ kid in a regular school!

Last edited by Tigerle; 05/17/16 02:23 AM.