Thanks for the feedback, indigo, however I am not trying to find the options for acceleration, we discussed that with DS psych and we know what the better options for DS are. We plan to let the school present their options and go from there.

The issue we wanted to have some ideas for is the fact that he would need to switch buildings during a school day. Personally, I don't see how it would be such a large issue since the buildings are in close proximity, but that is not what the principal was indicating. The principal's idea last fall was to keep DS in the elementary building and just give him fifth grade reading curriculum in a fourth grade classroom, I have grave doubts he will get the instruction he needs / deserves because teachers do not have the time to spend with one child on a different curriculum than the other 25 students. It's not fair to DS or to the other kids.

The principal's other solution was to full grade accelerate and I am not sure DS is ready for that. DS actually told the psych he didn't want to leave his friends in 4th grade, so full acceleration is pretty much off the table as far as DS is concerned.

I was hoping someone had a child who had to switch buildings during the day and could share how their school handled it so we would be armed with solutions to combat the principals manufactured problem.