bluemagic: he is in a hybrid gifted program and will have five high school credits at the end of this year if he passes everything. Potentially, he'd earn seven more next year, so he'd start ninth grade (in 2017) with twelve. They have to have 24 to graduate but those 24 are strictly categorized.

This works really well for kids who want to take all the advanced classes and still have time for electives.

I'm telling him--you have to finish the year because I want you to have options and not regrets. If he decides he doesn't want to go to eighth grade in this program, I am okay with that (I guess!) but I think we'll need to do virtual part-time homeschool, just to keep his math skills fresh and maybe to provide some structure. He will have covered the MS CA and history curriculum by the end of this year--it's compacted and accelerated.

Oh yeah, he is in Band! I didn't realize that counts. smile

Tigerle: yup, I'm tired! This board is like a lifeboat. He really is a great kid, just incredibly high-maintenance at certain interludes. The rest of the time he's easy and doesn't require much attention.

Last edited by eco21268; 05/04/16 12:46 PM.