I would like to ask your experiences and wisdom about my DS7 placement.
She is gifted in both ELA and Math. We don't have gifted school nor GATE in our area. The school usually recommend grade skipping or subject acceleration for the gifted students.
DD7 is in the 2nd grade and she is recommended to skip to 4th grade with 5th grade math placement next year.

I am wondering if skipping grade is the best option for the gifted. MY friend's gifted DD skipped a grade but still had to struggle with bordome of the curriculum. It made me think skipping a grade may relieve some of the gap between her needs and the curriculum but not necessarily meet her needs.

More than that, we may move to the different state and may be able to find a gifted school for her next or following year.In that case, DD7 would be better to stay in her own grade level so she can work with the gifted kids with her own age peers. To do that, she has to take 4th ELA and 5th Math while rest of the time will stay in 3rd grade classroom. It's socially bad choice though.

WOuld skipping grade be essential for the gifted kids to thrive? Is there any advantage that I overlooked about skipping grade?