My DS is about to turn 5 and attends a lovely, fast-paced international school that follows the British curriculum. He's in the reception year, which is preK age for the US, and they started blending in class within the first couple of weeks.

DS is way above the level, not just of his class, but of all of the classes. Reading is where it's particularly obvious, but I suspect he'd easily jump math levels if the instruction was higher level. His school is, despite being fast-paced, is still primarily play-based at this stage.

We're meeting his teacher and one of the head teachers next week, at their request, because DS scored so high on the baseline reception assessment. The school scores very high because most of the parents have STEM graduate degrees and bright kids, but his score was exceptionally high.

Maybe this is vague, but what should we hope for out of the conversation? My initial instinct is to let him stay in the play-based schooling as long as possible and hope he'll be fine without a full grade skip. Should we ask for some subject acceleration? How much should I try to push a four-turning-five year old?

DS is bilingual and also enrolled in Dutch classes. His Dutch teacher said without us even bringing up the subject that there's no doubt that in Holland he'd have a full grade skip, even without knowing his test scores and how well he does in the English classes.

Sorry for the long story. I guess I'm just looking for suggestions for how we can help DS, what to bring to the meeting because I don't even know what I want for him any more.