Originally Posted by Thomas Percy
Incentive really matters. In China, high school teachers are often given bonus and rewards when their students got into the most selective universities. Guess what kids got the most attention?

This is true for the lower schools as well because each level feeds into the next level of magnet schools who produce the most competitive students later. I would say the most advanced students always get the most attention.

I would say this is true for most private schools also. In middle school most will post where they kids will go to high school and high school will post what universities there students are attending.

When ds was in public elementary everything seemed 50/50. DS was subject accelerated 2 years, this was easy. When it came time to get creative on what to do, meetings got pretty heated on what needed to happen. Some teachers had great ideas and were willing to go the extra mile and some just sat there quiet. We had a lot of meetings.

I found it very interesting in the 4 years we were there 3 of my ds following teachers either quit or were moved. The school district also fired 2 High Ability curriculum coordinators in that time. Both were great but one was particularly informed about giftedness. She loaned us A Nation Deceived and Developing Math Talent. She was also a big fan of Carol Dweck. When ever I read Indigos posts I picture this lady in my mind. I would swear they are the same person.

She never stood a chance in this district.