I have the same cynicism you have, thx. I have come to the conclusion that it's not really about the kids, it's aobut their jobs and money and professional relationship first, kids second. Another parent told me that she witnessed DS's IEP manager and teacher yelling at each other in the hallway, with the principal standing there dumbly. They were arguing about DS and what he should be doing for math (the IEP manager was on our/DS's side and the teacher wanted DS to do grade level math). Of course, no one ever told me what that argument was about, or even that there WAS an argument, other than the parent. I brought it up and the topic was quickly changed. No one wants the parents to know what is really going on. I called the principal and he said "I'm sure the two of them can work this out, they are both dedicated educators." Ummm, thanks so much for your profound leadership ability!" I found it remarkable that there was even a teacher in the school willing to go to bat for DS, because it's their jobs and reputation on the line. My past experience is that teachers/staff members just go with the flow and accept whatever opinion someone else tells them to have, but the principal's role in this particular school was so undefined that the teachers decided everything on their own. His role as "politician", for whatever reason, was to have all the teachers on his good side and dismiss parent concerns unless the teacher was on board. He had no idea what to do when two teachers disagreed, so decided to just let them duke it out in the hallway.