Originally Posted by Mana
Originally Posted by eyreapparent
Mana,

Ha! This post made my morning. We've got a budding Anne with an e at our house too. We took a family vacation to PEI this summer. The other day DD6 said, "You know mom, you're kinda like Marilla. Sometimes she's tough but really she's nice."

And here I was thinking my whole life that I was Anne. At least she didn't call me Mrs. Lind.

I have not been to PEI and it's on my bucket list. Did your family enjoy the trip?

I'm afraid on DD thinks of me as her Diana on good days and Mrs. Lind on bad days.

Yes! Absolutely loved PEI and would go back in a heart beat. The people were so friendly and the scenery was breathtaking. The kids (DD2 and DD6) had a blast. I recommend renting a car if you can. The island is small and the roads well marked so it's easy to navigate. We did all of the Anne related sites and went to several beaches. It was amazing how different all of the beaches were - no two were a like. We also visited a lot of the historical sites, lighthouses and the confederation bridge. These were great because the interpreters at the sites took the time to talk with DD6 and answer her questions, so she learned a lot on the trip. It was very rural and the pace of life there was very relaxed. PEI had been on my bucket list since I was a child and it did not disappoint. If you ever decide to go, let me know, I can recommend some of the lighthouses and beaches we went to.

ETA: Wanted to add that if you're outdoorsy, PEI is fantastic. Lots of places to camp, rent bikes. There are also whale watching tours. Okay I'll stop gushing now. PEI tourism should hire me.

Last edited by eyreapparent; 10/11/15 04:50 AM.