I'm new here and I am so excited to find other parents with extraordinary kids like mine. I've felt so alone before and didn't share much about my boy for fear that people would think I'm exagerating or that I'm forcing/drilling him at home with study time. My DS3 (just turned three) has been freaking us out since he could talk. He had mastered the alphabet (no matter case or font) when he was just one. He surprised us by saying the alphabet backward when he was 18 months (and was confused when I wasn't saying it with him - I don't know anyone who can). His favorite game at two was spelling the words he heard people say. He counts into the hundreds and in multiples. He LOVES to write and draw shapes (on his chalkboard, in notebooks, on scraps of paper). And of course read. And I mean all day if I'd let him. At two, I discovered in a store that he could read all sight words (even up to third grade) in one shot, and he wanted more. I recently figured out he can read books meant for 8-9 year olds (and he understands what he his reading). We haven't found just how far he can go yet.

I am pulling him from his "traditional" preschool/daycare and putting him in a Montessori preschool next month. He's been so bored at his traditional school. They let him read the circle-time books to the class when he was in the "2s room", but in the "3s room", he has to sit quiet while his agemates learn about letters, numbers, shapes and colors.

With Montessori offering classes like robotics for 5 year olds, I'm hoping he thrives there!

If any of you have any advice to share, please do!

Thank you!