I turned the papers in on Tuesday. Have not been approached by the teacher yet. I requested in the letter for us to sit down and figure out what to do with the math. I did put in the letter that since we have already been through this process with my older it should be easier this time around.

My plan is to pull him out of math 5 out of the 7 classes they have every week. I will do what I did with my older at this stage. They have a room set up that my older uses to do EPGY. I will use that room for DS5 as well. Working with him myself. I still do 2 classes/week with my older as well. During the other 2 classes he can be in the classroom working on what the 1st grade class are doing.

The biggest issue, and argument for them, is that the school uses Singapore Math. Well, it can be somewhat confusing at times, even for me and my older son. I am sure they will say that the math we do here is different and he might not understand it the "Singapore Way". I am sure sometimes he won't, but should he sit through hour after hour for those rare times? I can easily fill in any "gaps", and when he is with his class he will pick it up as well.

Another interesting point they have is that DS5 just had his first math test....he scored a 90%...I am sure that will be used against me as well.

I know he obviously knows how to count bears and find the matching numbers, BUT he can be very distracted and especially when he finds something too easy he tends to be sloppy. That argument can sound like an excuse though....sigh. Any ideas how to combat that one?

I do not think he will be OK staying in the class. His behaviour has gotten MUCH worse in the past couple of weeks and he seems to have a lot of anger and frustration. Yelling, throwing things etc. Blowing up over every little thing. When I ask him about school he says it is way too long and he could be doing more important things. When asked he does like art, music, PE, French (because it is hard). English is OK, spelling and reading is bad, and math is the worst. I am thinking he feels like he is wasting his time. He also told me "why do I have to go to school and do things I already know". This is a kid who LOVES difficult concepts and hates easy. Such a great mentality to have.

I am not asking anything of the school or the teacher, just the permission to do what my older is doing. Is that so unreasonable?