Thank you for the responses. It helps a lot.

It was hard to advocate for my older, even with the proof he was 5 years ahead in math and read and was spelling 6+ years ahead in Kindergarten. It was not until 1st grade, when he ended up with a 26 year veteran teacher who immediately saw how out there DS was. SHE is the reason the administration started to listen, and we are now incredibly pleased with DS7's school situation.

This amazing teacher was supposed to be DS5's teacher this year. She had already seen work my son had done through his Kindergarten year. (he showed her in carpool every day...) She commented on "I have nothing to teach you next year" and "You could teach my class". I knew she would back me up and help me get in done for DS5.....well....she ended up retiring this year...I was devastated.

So, he is placed with the other 1st grade teacher who does have knowledge of my older son's situation...still, different teacher, different mentality. So in a way I am feeling like I am starting from scratch again. I know the Principal understands my older son's situation and how unique it is. Not sure if she will compare and think my younger is not in the same place and might be OK staying in the class...

Yes, most of my friends say it should be easier since they know the history of my other boy, but I am also concerned they will compare. My plan is to turn in a questionnaireto his teacher given to us by her where she asks about the child and asks for any additional information she should know about. I am writing a letter explaining the situation and submitting the full Achievement report. Hopefully she will be responsive so the next step would be talking to the principal. I have laid back so far, wanting to give her some space to get into the new school year and get to know my kid. (He says he is writing his own multiplication equations when he is done with the work and that she saw it and said "Cool math") :-)

Any other advise? Does this sound like a good plan to you?