Great ideas.

Originally Posted by Val
I know that people get very excited about grade skips, but in my experience and from what I've learned in informal interviews over the last 8 years or so, it's a mixed bag that can come with problems that are as serious as the ones you're trying to avoid... I think it's important for parents to be aware of the downside of skips. I read a lot about the positive side of skips (and yes, there are many positives), but way down the road, negatives can creep in.
Agreed. It is good to be well-informed on all sides of an issue, pros and cons. Here is a link to a thread on Grade skipping tradeoffs, which discusses possible drawbacks, downsides, and disadvantages to grade-skipping. There is also this bit of insight from an old post:
Originally Posted by old post
they can accelerate as fast as they can, but school and online videos are rarely going to offer the direct metacognitive support for the secondary skills they did not give themselves time to develop (such as sanity checks and rereading problems).
Curriculum focused standardized tests are more often going to focus on the direct testing of specific element knowledge and application. They can become poor indicators of actual mastery that would include the full range of secondary skills.
Here is another thread which may be of interest: Effects of Early Grade Acceleration and one called Kindergarten, experiences with grade-skipping?

Originally Posted by Bostonian
Could Davidson create an online poll for forum members
Did you know? Members may create polls. The process is outlined in the forum FAQs which says:
Originally Posted by forum FAQs
How do I put a poll in my post? Putting a poll in your post is simple.

If polls are enabled, start by creating a new post in a forum. Below the body of your post, you will see a text box that allows you to specify how many polls you want to have in your post and the system will guide you through the rest.
The Poll Manager walks a poster through the steps to create a poll. Here is a sample. If someone wants to create a better poll, I will graciously delete the draft below and defer to the new poll anyone chooses to create! smile

Did you seek early entrance into kindergarten for your child?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 03:56 PM
If you were interested in early kindergarten enrollment but unable to enroll your child early for any reason, did you later seek full-grade acceleration for your child?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 04:00 PM
If your child was enrolled into kindergarten early, looking back do you believe this was the right decision?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 04:06 PM
Has your child skipped a grade in school?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 04:12 PM
If your child has had one or more full-grade acceleration(s), looking back has this been the best decision?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 04:16 PM
When considering early kindergarten enrollment and/or full-grade acceleration, did you utilize the Iowa Acceleration Scale (IAS)?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/23/15 04:20 PM