Can�t add a lot here, but want to sympathize with you on the �Mommy, write this!� phase. My son was a little over 2 years old when he started asking me to write numbers on any available piece of paper. He would say the number, and I would write it. Long lists of numbers that would go on into the hundreds. Terribly boring for mama, but oh so delightful for the child.

I got those bendable wax sticks for �art making� when we went out to eat, but of course he wanted them shaped into numbers and letters. He never had any interest in Legos or play dough� except to make them into (you guessed it) numbers and letters. smile

We had many sets of the Melissa & Doug letter and number magnets, and a very long, metal coffee table from CB2, so he could play with making equations and words in the living room rather than on the kitchen floor.

Seconding (or thirding) the writing in shaving cream. Also, �water painting� with wet brushes on outside surfaces.

I will say, when he finally started writing his own letters and numbers at around 3.5, his penmanship was lovely. All that studying!

As others have said, have fun! smile