These are great ideas. I think the shaving cream will go over really well. We have lots of sidewalk chalk and we use it when we are home (currently out of town) and DS loves it but can't handle it very well so he struggles to draw what he wants to draw. I may also try paint once it warms up and he can go outside in a diaper. I wouldn't exactly call my son a neat individual so I can't even fathom paint in the house.

I've got some fridge magnets that I can start using. I hope he lets me use them since his focus seems to be on writing the word. My husband and I both find it odd since DS does not see us writing very often. We keep our lists on our phones or type on a computer. The drive is strong with our little dude I guess!

As always with my DS I am flabbergasted at his cognitive development. It seems so weird to me that he is showing such a strong and intense desire to write and read at such a young age. The other kids we know are beginning imaginative play and there is my kid is focused on letters and books. I was really looking forward to imaginative play so perhaps it will come later when he decides that's what he wants to do.