Originally Posted by spaghetti

That's all I can think of. We contacted the counselor, and teachers ahead of time regarding the 504, but it was a waste of time. What worked best was an email to all teachers at the beginning of the school year advising of the 504 and a "what dd needs now from you" to help them get started.

Again, I'd not mention the grade skip to anyone-- at least not at the beginning because that's what they will have on their mind. The farther she gets from the grade skip, the more they will forget-- kids and adults alike. My dd, now an 8th grader sometimes "outs" herself to safer teachers, but in 6th grade where she was pushing for acceleration, we didn't want them to have any excuse.
Good to know about trying to get ahead of the game (504). I will be discussing this with the AG teacher.
I can't imagine how the grade skip won't be obvious. DD is the size of a minnow. We went to the school orientation and some teachers looked at her very oddly. I know that when she moved into 5th a few months ago she jumped right into class discussions (learned this in p-t conference). She won't shrink back from being part of the class so hopefully the teachers will see she isn't a "problem" to deal with.