When reprimanded for telling me to "shut up" this morning (thank you, DH, for not reading our expurgated version of "Berenstain Bears get in a Fight"), DS3.5 says, "I'm sorry Mama. I think my blood sugar is low and I need to eat."

And then there was the post-11:00pm bedtime debate DH and DS had last night about the line "rain rain, go away, come again some other day" from a children's song, but with time replacing rain. (I'll admit that we have a problem of bedtime obstinacy, which we've solved, for now, by anthropomorphising time and casting it as a villain that tries to trick you into letting it sneak away with opportunities for fun by wasting your life dawdling. So far, so good.) DS was adamant that the sudden absence of time in the new version of the song, and its return after a sufficiently long interval that would have otherwise elapsed absent time's ceasing to exist, required the start of a new day. DH kissed DS goodnight and said, "tomorrow I'm going to introduce you to a man named Mr. Einstein who might have a few things to say about time." DS quips, "Another day, eh?" {Facepalm}

What is to give light must endure burning.