OK so trying not to have disappeared for a year and then monopolize brag thread with tales of my dd but this one is great. Her high school orchestra is extremely competitive--last year the highest level was one of only 5 schools to win a national award. It was quite an achievement for her to make the 2nd highest of 7 levels as a freshman. She was determined to make the highest level this year and did practice- very hard (although truthfully, perhaps not as hard as she should have) but then had strep the week of auditions, missed her private lesson, was trying to practice with a 102 fever, and was still feeling yucky the day of the audition. But I think she thought she did ok and was very disappointed to find out she hadn't made it. But instead of being discouraged she decided to work harder and commit to practicing 100 days in a row again, and to add at least 15 minutes to practice time. So 30 days into this the director calls her in and tells her he decided he is moving her up to the highest level, that the audition clearly didn't reflect what she is capable of and he wants her in the highest group. I was so proud of how she handled the setback even before this good news--but what a wonderful affirmation that her hard work was recognized! She really loves the orchestra program and this will be such a positive experience and stretch her in a way she wouldn't have been in the lower level. Thanks for listening!